As new professional football leagues are beginning to take shape, the United Football Players Association will continue to be a voice and advocate for professional and aspiring professional football players on all levels.
For much of the past two years, as players from the AAF and last iteration of the XFL found themselves in the dark, the UFPA worked tirelessly to provide information and resources.
Here are the latest AAF Bankruptcy Case Statistics:
- No objections
- No opt-outs
- 438 Wage Claims submitted
- Over 90% of Settlement Class members (Players)
- The highest percentage the judge has seen in a bankruptcy case.
- The Estate only has 3.5 million, so the number of a little over 13,000 will not be a real possibility, we will be looking for more in the range of $3,000 – 6,000.
- As far as the timeline goes there is not a concrete answer for that yet.
We are football players who together with the USW will fight to represent professional athletes in the United States Football League (USFL), XFL, and other potential leagues who are not covered by contracts like those in the NFL Players’ Association and win the benefits and protections of a union contract.